Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Peace

I suppose it's not what most seek or celebrate on Valentine's Day.

I cherish it lately, though.  I am glad to not be bothered with the bustle of it all this February.  No notes to buy, no chocolates ruin my Spring 2010 wardrobe reuse.  Better still, I am happy to be sans the wishing/wanting/waiting/will he/won't he part of an uncertain pre-Valentine's involvement.

I don't begrudge the 'holiday'.  Hell, I'm all for the one day a year when a repressed America gets it on.  We avoid the subject and pretend like people don't bang each others' brains out the rest of the damn year. Celebrating love appeals to the hippie that I wish I could have been.   I even like balloons and candy.  I especially like flowers.

The fact that lack of or the wrong Valentine makes some people feel horrible or pressured bothers me though.  

*shrugs*

*picks up a dogeared copy of Madame Bovary*

Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment